Sunday, May 3, 2020

SPORTS AND MEDIA FREEDOM

The media landscape has enjoyed, in my opinion, a very congenial atmosphere as far as sports reportage is concerned.

Starting my journey as a young sports analyst, I had the opportunity to express my opinions on various issues ranging from officiating, management, coaching, administration amongst others.

There are times that I felt I had been too hard on the individuals in question at any point in time but it's all for the love of the beautiful game and most importantly,keeping our leaders on their toes.

Today 3rd May 2020, I feel is the right time to acknowledge individuals and media houses who have given me the opportunity to express myself on pertinent issues in the field of sports in particular.

Wisdom Gbemu Shalom(formerly of Denyigba Radio) and Tilda Elinam Acorlor(GBC/Volta Star Radio) readily come to mind as accomplished media personalities who have done so well in the sports journalism arena.

The aforementioned individuals at various points have given me the platform to offer my views especially on matters that concern Arsenal FC.

Thank you my seniors. To the thousands of media men around the world (who I cannot mention today), I say Kudos.


 Happy media freedom day to everyone of us.

 [By Vigour Edem Vigor]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home